Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wed. Nov. 26th, 2008 @9:35pm

Another day come and gone. JoLinda continues to get better, just not fast enough for me, of course. I'm ready to have this nightmare over. I'm still wondering how in the world our lives have been turned upside down like this. Rich continues to watch JoLinda at night so the boys and I can get some rest. He leaves in the morning and gets breakfast and rest and some work done. He comes back in the afternoon. JoLinda continues to work on her walking and on balance. Has a hard time on focusing on anything for any length of time. Very short attention span. She was able to start her liquid diet today. She enjoyed being able to drink things even though it is very hard with her mouth wired. She was able to get her calories in so if she can go another 2 days this way, she will get her feeding tube out. Looks like 1 and 1/2 weeks to go for the trach and wires. She is still not fully awake and does not know where she is or why. Just getting through another day. We hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving. I know we will just being alive and together. We wish our oldest, Brenton and his wife Tami and our granddaughter Lily were with us also. We wish them the best. We love and miss you all, Laurie

1 comment:

Bickmorm said...

hey ya'll I miss you all and its good to hear Jolinda is at least doing better. I hope to be able to make it up there when i get back. I hope all is well you you. Laurie try to get some sleep. Love you all, and your in my thoughts always. Take care, and Jolinda: Stay strong, I love you cuz!
-Mike