Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sat. Nov. 29th, 2008 @ 9:49am

Sorry I didn't get to the computer for a bit. JoLinda continues to improve, yet so very slowly. Her balance yesterday was much better as she walked. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I rested alot. Went to bed at a decent time and slept in this morning. I guess JoLinda had a restless night. I'm thinking, maybe we had some bug. Feeling better today and hope JoLinda is too. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We ate in the cafeteria. Will do traditional Thanksgiving when we're home. Hopefully she will get her feeding tube out today and trach this next week. She still is not fully awake, and thinks she is in St. George. She did circle the hospital yesterday on a peice of paper, for the speech therapist, though. That's good. Still can't tell us when she needs to go to the bathroom, but when asked, she will nod yes or no. Still doesn't understand her trach is how she is breathing or anything for safety. We have a long road ahead of us. We miss and love you all, Laurie

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

I think of you all many times every day. I read your words. . . 'life upside down,' or 'long road' and I KNOW what you're saying. Our Tami went to the Jubilee of Trees here in St. George last week (in her wheelchair). . .but it's a start. Hang in there. . . and try to take care of yourself. There are better days ahead. Did my cards find the way to you?

I miss JoLinda so much here at work. She is SO bright and fun. I EXPECT her to come back. I Believe in Miracles! Love & Prayers coming your way. . .Ann Richardson