Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday, Nov. 25th, 2008 @4:53pm

Well, JoLinda has done ok with her walking today. Still just getting stronger. She is able to focus a little bit longer on tasks with OT. She also had Speech Therapy just a minute ago. She did fantastic. She new all of our names, her birthdate, days of the week and months of the year. She also did 1-10 and simple addition and multiplication. She even drank out of a straw. Which means now she is on a liquid diet. If she can get her calories from a straw, they will take out her feeding tube. Please pray for that! Also she is to keep her speaking valve on as much as possible, if it goes well they will take out the trach. Please pray for that! Anyway, we are hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. Miss you all, Laurie

3 comments:

Mrs. Davidson said...

Laurie,

Glad that Jolinda is doing well. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving. Talk to you later.

Stephanie Jensen Davidson

Dupras Family said...

Laurie,

I am so glad to see the progress that JoLinda is making. I am glad that Rich and the boys are there with you. Sleep does wonders for a person. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Your family will be in our prayers as always. You truly are an amazing person. When hard things come our way we find out just how strong we are and you, your family, and JoLinda have amazed me.
Much love,
Wendy

Cathy said...

Laurie, you do not know me, but I live in Bloomington and have always cringed at that Pioneer/Man O War intersection. It's so dangerous - and mainly because it doesn't appear to be. I had met Josh a couple of times out at Sun River and was so saddened to hear about the accident. I just wanted to let you know that I keep JoLinda in my daily prayers and pray even more when I drive by that intersection. I was happy to hear about this blog. It sounds like JoLinda is a fighter and I was thrilled to read about her progress. YOU need to take care of yourself so you can continue to be there for her. God bless you all.

I will continue praying.

Cathy Powell