Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday, Nov. 21, 2008 @ 12:15pm

Yesterday was an exciting day. JoLinda was able to walk(with help) down the hall. She also caught a balloon and through it back. She is going to the bathroom with help too. The speech therapist asked her to write her name on a piece of paper and she did. First and last! She is enjoying the wheelchair. More comfortable than the bed. She had another rough night though. Another 2 hours is all we got. She walked again this morning all the way from the gym to her room. She is starting to enjoy the views. Tried kicking a soccer ball a few feet, and did great. Still very short attention span and very agitated. Spent the past 2 hours with her all over the bed. Had to put padding on rails so she wouldn't hurt herself. Finally asleep with something to calm her. She seems to know who I am, and doesn't like it when I'm not there. She seems to be frustrated with the simple things we're helping her with, like she's thinking "do you think I'm stupid or something?" We're going to try to help her shower today. Am anxious for Rich, Jovi, and Beau to come tomorrow night, Jovi's 13th Birthday. Talk to you later, Laurie

1 comment:

Amanda Fowler said...

Hey Jolinda and Aunt Lorie,
I am so proud of what you are accomplishing, I am praying for you, your always in my thoughts. Get better Lady, and hang in there Aunt Laurie. I admire how couragious and amazing you have been. Wish I could be there to see you guys. Love, Amanda