Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wed. Dec. 3, 2008 @ 6:10pm

sorry I missed yesterday. JoLinda had a good morning yesterday, and then went down for surgery in the afternoon to rewire her mouth closed. It went well. She was very tired the rest of the day and we just sat with her. Today, has been great for her attention span during therapies. Much longer and able to do more tasks that she has been asked to do. She got her feeding tube out, FINALLY! One less tube. We are working on the trach now. Hopefully next Tue. she will get the wires all out of her mouth. They are really bothering her, and lots of pain. Her walking has continued to get stronger and more balanced. Doesn't use her wheelchair at all now. She still doesn't know where she is or why. With time. I'll write more tomorrow. Laurie

1 comment:

Middle Miller said...

Hi Laurie & Jolinda,
I've been calling Rich for occasional updates on how all of your are doing. He told me about this blogspot, which I think is great. You know you were my favorites at the office and I think highly of you and your family. I am extremely connected with Jolinda b/c I feel she reminds me so much of my own daughter. I always took joy in seeing her. Laurie, I know you are a very strong person, but I can't imagine as a mother what you must be going through. I am so glad you are able to be with her everyday loving her and encouraging her. Believe me when I say my thoughts and prayers are with you continually. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help you....anything. I will check in frequently to this blogspot to see all the amazing updates and strides Jolinda will be making. Take care! Lory Mattucci