Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday, Dec. 21st, 2008 @4:00pm

I can't believe it has been 5 days since I've blogged. Sorry. I'll try to do better. Things are going well. We have spent the past week trying to get JoLinda used to our home, and surroundings. Also, trying to get ready for Christmas. Hard to do in just one week, but I think we're there. I'm glad the boys are out for Christmas break and are really enjoying them. JoLinda is doing well on taking showers, if not daily then every other day. She is even blow drying her hair, which is a big thing since noise bothers her. She even brushed her teeth some today. A big challenge since her mouth and jaw hurt. Her balance is getting better. She picks things up off the floor and is doing great up and down the stairs. We are going to try the treadmill tomorrow(short of course). We have taken her shopping a little, and that hasn't gone well, but we're working on it. Friday she had to get some blood work done and that was a disaster. She really got scared and panic set in. It took 4 of us, and she hated us all at the time. I'm glad that's done. Her attention span continues to improve. We have been working on sorting cards into suits, memory match games, and sorting uno cards into colors and numbers. She has done great. Memory is still all over the place. Sometimes she thinks she is in High School and other times about 1 year ago. Some times she seems about 5 years old and calls me mommy. I'm anxious for this post traumatic amnesia to be over. Although, that will come with its own set of challenges. I appreciate all your comments, from family, friends and new friends from the hospital. I hope all is going well with all of your families and wish you all a Merry Christmas! Glad to hear Brady is doing well. Good luck! Love you all, Laurie

No comments: