Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Dec. 30th, 2008 @ 12:35pm

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We did. The days seem to go by so fast, it's hard to keep up. JoLinda is doing well. She has started seeing an Occupational Therapist here as of yesterday. She will see a Speech Therapist this Friday. I noticed yesterday with the OT that her attention span has greatly increased. She is still quite afraid of being in public. New faces, too many people and noises still really bother her. She is quite afraid of me not being at her side. She did great on the papers the OT had her do. I was impressed. Still her memory is very poor. At times thinking I'm her Aunt, even though she knows I'm her mom and she calls me mom, somewhere in her mind thinks I'm her aunt. She gets frustrated easily, and is so confused that she can't remember that she has eaten, and wants to eat again. Gets upset with her brothers for looking at her and simple things like that. We are able to play memory games still and Uno every night even if its just for 1 hand. She is up to 6 min. on the treadmill and is going to try 8 today. She also is a great help in the kitchen, cooking and helping with dishes. We are still just taking it one minute at a time. It seems the past 4 days, her memory has not been great but we're hoping better things for the new year. Maybe be able to get to one day at a time instead. Thanks for all your prayers. Laurie

1 comment:

AshleyKeller said...

Happy new year! I was just checking up on Jolinda and thought I might mention that Stuart and I will probably be in UT the 1st weekend in February. We'd love to stop by and say hi if you think Jolinda's up to it. We love you all and our prayers are always with you.