Friday, December 5, 2008

Fri. Dec. 5, 2008 @ 9:00pm

Well, JoLinda finally had her trach removed. She is doing great breathing without it and is a lot less agitated. She is started to understand that she is in a hospital, but doesn't understand why. She is so confused, and has no short term memory. Rich and Jovi got here safe, and we are glad to have them with us again. Grandma enjoyed seeing her the past couple of days and Grandpa/Flossy will be here tomorrow. She had a big walk outside today. She did great, just gets tired easily. In speech, she did half of a crossword puzzle and did a few more math problems. She lets us know thoughout the day, that she loves us and is greatful for everyone. She put her jacket on today and said goodbye to everyone. She said she was leaving and going home. Everyone asked me after that if we were leaving. In JoLinda's mind, she had had enough. So have I. But we are still here and I did much better with my patience today. Need a good cry every couple days, and then I'm ready for another day. Lots of Love, Laurie

1 comment:

SirCodidicus said...

Hey it was great to get a chance to come and see her and you! I am so glad to hear that the trach tube is out? Are the wires still coming out on tuesday? I am so glad to hear she is improving! I say it a lot I know and I will keep doing it.... But if you ever need anything let me know.

All my love,

Cody