Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday, Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 8:14pm

We are finally HOME! We left around 1pm and in the wind, rain and icy roads finally made it home. JoLinda did well. She was anxious to get off the freeway within 10 min. after leaving. But, she made it. We are glad to be home and out of the hospital. We are so greatful for all those that helped JoLinda in the hospital. All the doctors, nurses, Aides, therapists and other patients/family members for all your support. I will continue to update you all of her progress. It may not be as often though. She is not supposed to have visitors the first couple days, so she can get familiar with her surroundings, but then short visits would be great. Please let me know if you would like to come over so I can make sure she isn't taking a nap or not part of a regular routine. She needs the routine right now. Still very confused and doesn't even think she was in a hospital the past 7 weeks. Love you all, Laurie

2 comments:

Mrs. Davidson said...

I am glad you made it home safely. I wish your family the best of luck. Have a merry christmas and happy new year.

Stephanie

Grandma Ann said...

I am so thrilled that you are home. I know there will be days that are overwhelming. . .don't be disappointed in yourself if you have those feelings. I would love to see JoLinda. Let us know on the blog when you think a visit would be appropriate . . .I wouldn't stay long or abuse the privilege. We are going to attend a stroke support group luncheon tomorrow. I think it probably includes information for other types of brain trauma. There is a second group that won't meet again until January. If I get any information that I think might be helpful, I will surely share with you. I'm sending love and good wishes to all of you and prayers, of course. Ann Richardson