Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, Feb. 2, 2009 @7:49am

I only have a minute, but I thought I would touch base with you all. I appreciate those of you still watching her blog. At times I feel so alone, but when I open the blog and see your comments I'm feel better. Like I can keep trying! Last week was especially dificult for me. JoLinda is however doing somewhat better. I can't explain how but just better. I did let her go visit her Grandma for a couple of hours, for the first time, while I took Jovi and Beau to the show on Sat. We needed a break. It was good for everyone concerned. We did just worry about JoLinda but we at least did it. JoLinda also somehow realized that I am her mom. She is however afraid that I am going to leave her and is paranoid. She is not letting me out of her sight. Most of the time, needing to hold my hand or arm too. I am so greatful to all of you who comment or call to see how we are doing or to keep me going. I don't beleive I'm strong enough for this, but as Wendy said in church yesturday, I believe people have been put in my life to help me and make me stronger. I rely on each one of you and count on your prayers when I'm too weak myself. Thank you all so much! Love ya, Laurie

4 comments:

Momo said...

Hi Laurie
I'm glad that there is at least some improvement for you to hang on to. And am glad you got out for a short break. That's very important and I hope you keep doing it.
I know the feeling about wondering if you're strong enough to go through this.... Have you ever read Corrie ten Boom's book, "The Hiding Place"? It is a very powerful book. She and her father and sister hid Jews during the Nazi reign and she ended up in a concentration camp for it. But what comes to mind was one time when she was afraid of something and told her dad, he said, when we go to take the train, when do I give you your ticket? And she said, well, right then. He replied that our Heavenly Father does the same thing - gives us what we need right when we need it. Sometimes it's so hard to have faith, but it is always rewarded.

I keep you all in my prayers.

Cathy

Teresa said...

Hi Laurie!
My heart goes out for you & your family. I wish I lived closer & there was something I could do to help you! I keep you all in my prayers.Now we know why patience is a virtue,you all are certainly earning yours. I hope you can just take one day at a time, and I hope it helps just to know you have friends that care and are thinking of you! Hang in there! Love, Teresa Miller

The Almonds said...

Laurie,
We do continue to check up on your blog. It has become part of our daily routine. We are so excited to hear about the improvements Jolinda is making everyday. Your a great Mom, and our Heavenly Father knows this! Jolinda is very lucky to have a fabulous Mom like you to help her along in this hard time!
Hope to hear from you soon!!!
rachel martin

dgrigg said...

Laurie, thaks for keeping us updated on JoLinda's progress. Bless you for your untiring efforts in helping her. Thanks, Dick