Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday, Feb. 24th, 2009 @8:07am

Hello everyone! I find myself struggling to get to the blog as I am not sure what to say anymore. JoLinda continues to improve, but slowly. Sometimes so slow I don't notice until I look back at where we were 2 months ago when I brought her home. Then I wonder what I haven't written about. She has now moved into her own room, just spent her 3rd night last night. It was not an easy adjustment for her, as her initiation, or lack of, has started again. Now she is enjoying her own room. Beau is now in our room on the floor on a matress. a week and a half ago she was put on new meds for antianxiety, and I think she is worse now. She continues to hold my arm or hand. Especially out of the house. She feels like everyone is stareing at her. And she continues to fight with everyone. Very low tolerance and doesn't understand jokes or playfulness at all. She fights with Jovi and Beau so much they do not want to be in the same room. However, yesterday was better. She is getting more helpful around the house. She helps with cooking, menu's, shopping, dishes, laundry, and a little vacuuming. Every so often, we see a glimpse of personality but we wish it was more. Socially she is very confused and unsure of herself. We are still trying to keep things rolling. It has been so good to read your comments on the blog. I find myself checking for those more than I blog myself. I appreciate your blogs, texts, phone calls and just the hello when you see us. That is what is keeping us going. Cathy, I cherish every word. Thank you! Matt, it was so good to see and read your blog. I hope everything is going well with your goals! (One of the wonderful aides who helped JoLinda in Rehab.) And thanks Ashley for continueing to follow JoLinda's progress. We appreciate you and your family. Tell everyone I love them. Diann it was good talking to you yesterday and I'm so glad Curtis is doing well. We love you all! Talk to you soon, Laurie

3 comments:

Ford Family said...

Laurie,
I'm so glad you have so many people for support. I check your blog often, and think about you guys all the time. Time for lunch again (or dinner :) Call me and we'll schedule a time!
Sophia

Momo said...

Good Morning Laurie! I am happy you are keeping up with this blog, though at this point I know with the progress being minuscule that it is tough to do. I'm sure it was easier when there was exciting news to report. However, those of us who are following it and praying for you all find it very helpful. For one, it helps us to know some specifics to pray for!

How tough the picking and fighting must be for Jovi and Beau and for you to witness, and with all she's been through, I imagine it's tough for you to have to be back to giving her acceptable boundaries. I know when my kids were little that they railed against that, but I could tell that when I guided them and enforced respectable behavior, it actually made them feel safer as they didn't possess the control yet to do it on their own. They knew what they were doing was not right, but couldn't really stop themselves! Maybe that's where JoLinda is right now. Not where you want to be though, I'm sure...

I continue to pray for you and JoLinda daily - actually throughout the day and her name keeps coming before me in one area. I hesitate to give suggestions - I hope it's not offensive, but like I said, she keeps coming to mind regarding this, so I'll just do it! Last week I gave my 2 year old granddaughter 7 books that I had read to my kids a lot when they were little. They didn't mean much to her (yet), but my daughter was the one who's face lit up and she delighted in them and reminisced to me how loved she felt when I read to her. She told me it made her want to get a sippy cup of juice and snuggle in a chair with me! I wonder if there are some books that have those same kind of sweet memories for JoLinda and reading them to her could tap something deep inside and bring you all some moments of joy and peace. (We all need those)

My heart aches for you - and I'm still praying.

Cathy

p.s. Keep blogging girl! It doesn't have to be long and full of good news - it can be just a quickie to let us all know how y'all are doing.

Unknown said...

was it really two months ago? Man! im so happy for you that you can be home, but i miss seeing you guys. Keep up ur hopes Aunt Laurie! My family continues to pray for Jolinda and family, as a family and in our personal prayers!
WE love you and miss you.

sincerely, Teal