Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday, Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 7:38am

Friday the 13th, scarry huh! Well things are going o.k. JoLinda see's her doctor today. I hope that goes well. I think she is just going to chance her medicines. I believe I am on my own now. No more therapy at least I don't believe so. I will try to help JoLinda all I can. She has gotten more active this past week. We are doing the treadmill 3 times a day. She is doing it each time for at least 10 min. She is still helping with the cooking and some folding of clothes. To go shopping is really hard for her though. I still think it is just all the movement of people and the extra noise. She loses her confidence and hangs onto me, and is afraid I'll leave her. She is doing well, just doesn't have a lot of memory. I'm still hoping that it all comes back and for now just grateful she knows who I am. Well, I hope you are all doing well and Have a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. Love ya, Laurie

P.S. Pictures have been updated. Check them out!

5 comments:

Momo said...

Well, praise the Lord that when JoLinda started recognizing you, that it "stuck". I was afraid that was temporary. At least that is some progress you can hold on to. I hope all goes well at the doctor's today.

I keep you both in my prayers.

Cathy

diann chatwin said...

Hi,Laurie,
I'm sorry I havent called lately, you kinow how busy we both are, taking care of our kids. I am so glad that Jolinda is found that memory of you, I know that was difficult for you. Curtis is doing better ,some days are better than others. He just had another surgery on his eye to pull it out. They were gonna do his nose, but decided to wait, which was good he was in alot of pain.Sometimes it seems like this has been going on forever,do you feel the same? I pray that the days will get eaiser for both of us, I cant believe they stopped her therapies, that doesnt make sense. You and Jolinda and your family are always in my prayers. love diann

flyerphan11 said...

Hello Davis family.
It's me Matt from T-12.I haven't been able post a comment, we've had a influx of T.B.I's ans some high care
quads.SUPER buisy at work. plus my computer at home was down,but,I'm up and running now! Keep up the good work your doing with Jolinda.these things do take time.Hang in there , the lord wouldn't give you a situation he didn't think you could do. there was a reason you are together as a family... God needs YOU to take care of one of his daughters. you're doing just fine.

Anonymous said...

Laurie we're so glad that things are really starting to look up for Jolinda! It is obvious that she has an infinite amount of strength and support coming from her loving family! She is so lucky to have you guys, and I'm sure that she knows that! I cannot imagine going through what you have had to endure over the past few months, but you are such an incredibley strong and spiritual person, and I know that the Lord is always by your side during this difficult trials and endeavors that have come into your life! Thank you for the strong shining example that you are setting each day for everyone around you! I love you, and you and your family continue to be in my personal prayers, as well as those of my family.

Love

Ashley Perme

Momo said...

Hi Laurie

I read a book recently that you might find very uplifting. It's called "Mistaken Identity" It's the story about the two girls who's identities were mixed up after a van/truck accident in 2006. The story is told from both families' perspective and is quite amazing. The girl who lived had extensive head injuries, and is now doing very well. It might give you some hope!

Still praying.

Cathy