Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday, Jan. 20th, 2009 @ 1:50pm

Hello everyone! I can't believe it's been a week. Sorry! JoLinda seems the same to me from the last time I wrote. She is still unsteading on her feet and feels more comfortable hanging onto me. She has completely stopped the treadmill, but we do go around the block 1 - 3 times a day. She is still very unsure and confused in a grocery store, including where to find things. The Dr. and Psychologist both agree that this is going to be a very long process. The Psych. report wasn't good. He is even unsure whether or not she will become oriented to place or people. She seems to know some people, but there is no depth to it. He also doesn't believe she will ever be the same. In what areas we still don't know. She at times will call me mom, or if someone asks her where mom is, she will tell them. But to this day, she will tell you I'm not her mom and will get mad. She things I'm her aunt and that all her aunts are trying to say they are her mom. She still thinks St. George is 4 hours away. She is still unaware of the disabilities that she has, except to say she knows she in unsteady walking and that she gets tired very quickly. She is still very afraid of spiders and bugs and checks everywhere. She is still sleeping in our room on a mattress on the floor and has no intention on going into her own room. She says when she wakes up, and gets scared she hears us breathing and feels like she is not alone. We are just trying to keep our heads above water and are now enjoying Brenton(my oldest son), Tami and Lily here for a weeks visit. It seems to be a lot of people for JoLinda and is much more tired with the extra stimulation, but we needed to see them and they needed to see us. JoLinda is enjoying helping in the kitchen, and that has been really good. Thanks to everyone for there help. We really appreciate all of you. Love Laurie

1 comment:

Momo said...

Hi Laurie

I'm so sorry that you're not seeing much progress. How hard for all of you.

I am keeping you all in my prayers.

Cathy