Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tue. Jan. 13th 2009 @ 8:08am

Things seem to be looking up, or maybe I'm just handling them better. I'm trying not to stress too much and give myself a little time for myself. I even went to lunch with a friend of mine. I was nervous but it was really good to get out. JoLinda and I got to attend Sacrament with the rest of the family on Sunday. The last 15 min. were hard for her, but it was really good to go. JoLinda seems to be getting more ajusted to her life now. She is getting used to her routine and seems comfortable. She saw a Neuropsychologist yesterday. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. More testing of course. I had to leave her for about 2 hours of it. I was completely lost. She didn't like it either. We will find out the results to that visit on Friday. From the first 1/2 hour though, I learned a lot. I guess I never really asked JoLinda what is the last thing you remember before the accident? She hardly remembers anything. Not her 21st birthday, her High School Grad., her 16th birthday, nor the trip to Alaska we took. She has no starting point of what she remembers. That was really scary to me. I hang on to the progress she has made since leaving the hospital, like taking her medicine when I ask her, and walking more stable. She still only shows really only one emotion, and that is anger. No crying or laughing. She will tell us how much she loves us and shows fear. I guess I have to remember those too. Anyway, I am greatful for all your help and prayers. We are hanging in there. Love you all, Laurie

1 comment:

Erin G. said...

It was really good to see you at Sacrament too. I'm glad you are getting out once and awhile.