Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday, April 30, 2009 @ 2:26pm

We've passed the 6 month mark, yeah!! April 28th was the 6 month mark and we can see how far JoLinda has come in that amount of time. Today she finished her last therapy. At least as far as we know. She is so glad! I don't think she will ever want to go into another hospital again. Her new medicine is finally starting to work. She hasn't argued with me or anyone else for a couple of days. It has been really nice. She has a big test she has to take soon, and I can't wait to get the results back on that. Hopefully, it will give us more insight on her condition and future. She is still going with me on all my Real Estate 'duties' and I think she enjoys it. JoLinda has always liked being busy. I have also noticed that her hair is getting a lot longer. Before the accident she was trying to grow it out and so I have been very careful on any trimming. It is just starting to look long. JoLinda has even started reading again. She has always loved to read. She just finished Harry Potter(the first one) and is now reading the second - again.

The next six months I am really going to focus on helping her become more independent by being able to have her write and keep a planner, taking her meds on her own, shopping without me being next to her, and on her memory. Hopefully, getting her volunteering, of course, under supervision. Well, I hope everyone is doing well, and WE would love to hear from you. Thanks so much, Laurie

No comments: