Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday, April 13, 2209 @7:39am

Happy Easter to everyone! I hope everyone had a great one. We did. JoLinda even had a basket and got to look for eggs. She enjoyed every minute of it, as did her brothers. She was able to make it to all three meetings at church also, without even a thought of going home earlier. She has talked quite a bit about having missed the past few weeks because of spring break, and going out of town. It was good to go again. I believe she is continueing to get some memory back. Not with what she is saying, but in actions that she is showing. I am still trying to get her more independent with each passing day. She was able to take a list to the store and shop without my help the other day. I just sat at the front of the store waiting for her and being there if she needed help. She even paid!(My money of course) She has picked up another chore at home and is even getting a better attitude. Matter of fact, she laughed all weekend. It is a nice change. Anyway, hoping to continue with her progress and with her birthday coming up, it would be nice if she will remember it. The sixth month mark is right around the corner on April 28th and I'm excited to get there. Hope all is well with everyone. Love ya, Laurie

2 comments:

diann chatwin said...

Hi Laurie, I am so glad that she is getting better everyday. Is she still in therapy? Sounds like everyday her mind is trying to recover. I'm happy for you to have some time to yourself. We are doing well,we had that benefit for Curtis on March 28, it turned out amazing, we raised some money to help with his teeth,or whatever he needs. He seems to be better,it most ways, I can tell he still thinks of what his life would of been like,before the accident, were still waiting for SS, it seem to take forever..I know crazy tomorrow will be 6 months for Curtis, and Jolinda on the 28th, crazy, seems sometime it's been a lifetime my friend, take care with love and my prayers.... love diann

The Almonds said...

glad to hear that she is doing good..things sound like they are going pretty good...and they will continue to get better!! I know it!! I still enjoy hearing how you guys are doing!! hope she has a great bday!!